Quality Physical Education
Providing adapted sports equipment and facilities to promote Quality Physical Education:
- To engage students in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity at least 50% of physical education class time
Activity Breaks During School Time
Facilitating free play:
- To allow breaks between classes (e.g., providing a 2-min break for every 30-min class)
- To promote active recess (15-min to 20-min daily)
- To reduce time spent sitting
- Organizing seminars and workshops that focus on integration of theory and practice in adapted physical activity
- Providing consultation on special/adapted physical education curriculum and guidelines by professionals and experts in adapted physical activity
- Enhancing students' interests and opportunities for participation in different physical activities.
- Introducing four types of adapted sports which include aerobic dance, curling, goalball and sitting volleyball.
- Assisting participating schools in promoting adapted sports by providing sports equipment and facilities.